Thursday, January 6, 2011

Because Swistle has the best ideas...

I did design a cutsy little sign with my resolutions on it. I printed out two copies. One is in my office, over the light switch. The other is in my bathroom at home.

My progress so far:
  • I have ordered my seeds (a big old lot of them from ebay, the only way to go.) Next on my list is I want to find out how to make seed starting pots out of newspaper or something of that ilk. Trying to spend as little money as possible on the garden.
  • I am wearing my fancy cute Saucony shoes, as they came in yesterday. It gets dark here so early that I am still trying to figure out when to try to start the C25K.
  • I have been being better about choosing whole foods. I have definitely incorporated more fruits and vegetables into all of our diets.
  • Brother had a crap load of homework last night. He was so proud of himself when he got done because a) he completed it all and b) we didn't fight about it. While I am so glad about this, it does make me realize a couple of uncomfortable things. Mainly that if we have a knock-down drag-out due to homework, it is because I lost my cool: not him. He doesn't have a Golden Rule resolution. I do. I realized that he is taking the cues from me. Kinda makes me feel like a shit about all the fights I could have prevented by having a bit more patience and self control. *Sigh*

So, 6 days in and so far so good. I am pretty satisfied with my progress thus far, even though the time period has been pretty short.

5 comments:

Jess said...

This is a great start! The time period would remain the same whether you'd started off well or not, so this is excellent progress.

Nowheymama said...

Yay, Misty!!!

Swistle does have the best ideas, doesn't she?

d e v a n said...

Love it! Cute sign too.

Swistle said...

I love your sign! And I'm going to try to take a cue from you about homework dealings.

doug said...

Of course, then your husband tries to ruin it by having BBQ beef sandwiches and potato salad instead of cooking.