Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wagon

Oh. What's that thing? That rattling sound that is disappearing in the distance?

That would be the Wagon. I have fallen off.

My new year's resolutions aren't going so well. I haven't planted one seed. I am currently enjoying a chocolate milk shake and tots from Sonic. I haven't ran in over a week because I did some ungodly thing to my knees (ahem, attempt to RUN with them, I think) and am in significant pain. I have to take Tylenol around the clock to be able to walk/sleep as indicated. And I have yelled at children at least 5 times in the past week. My patience is kind of thin. My knees hurt.

*Ahem*

So! Let us speak of other things. Like how my mother's birthday is this week and on Saturday, we are going to to have tea. Yes, tea. With fancy little cucumber sandwiches and china tea cups and scones. Scones! The best scones ever. And then on Sunday I am going to lunch with a beloved friend who was a co-worker who selfishly left us to make triple the money. Bah. But still, she has not seen my cutie little baby and I will bring the cutie smiley little baby to the lunch and it will be such fun.

Speaking of lovely little babies, mine has started on solids (!!!) and hoo boy, does he not like them not one little bit. There is shuddering. You know the kind I mean. The kind where something is so revolting, it ooges you out so much, you shudder. So far we have just tried rice cereal (which smells like spit up, so I get the shuddering. Really I do. Why is baby food/formula so freaking nasty?) and just a teeny spoonful of carrots, which also got the 'ucky face'. Perhaps food is for the birds and he should just nurse until he has teeth enough to chew steak. Perhaps.

I have also been shopping a lot, which is also fun. I bought a bunch of stuff from Land's End's huge sale with a free shipping code (shippingisfree and pin 5859) and got a ONE year subscription to Parents Magazine for $1 (Go here: http://ow.ly/3GUaj and use code: K9B9J4H when you get to the payment screen.) Later I will go to Walgreens' website and get a free purse sized photobook (PURSE). So, I think I have spent my money quota for the week. Deals are fun.

As for the wagon, I am going to try to climb back on soon. Except for the running thing. I have a year. I am going to try some lower impact exercises and after New Baby is a year old, maybe try to lose some weight. Then! Then I will try again. I have a whole year, right?

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Don't feel bad. The wagon is never very far away. (I fall off enough, I ought to know. hehe)

Sorry you hurt your knee. I always end up hurting my knees or ankles when I start running. I think some of us aren't meant for high impact activities.

Jess said...

Sorry about your knee! I hope it gets better soon. Good luck chasing down that wagon.

Chantal said...

Hey you! Don't sweat the running thing. Take a break and try again. When I first started running (before I got pregnant with D2) I had a time where my knee hurt too much to run. I gave it time to heal (a month or so) and started over again. I was fine after that. I hope all is well with you. I need to post an update on my blog. Probably this weekend. Hugs!