I am feeling a bit down.
- I have just finished wrapping all of the Christmas presents for the children. While I think it is a respectable little Christmas, it all fits into a single box. For some reason, this is depressing me, even though I know Wii games and MP3 players are just little.
- I am having an involuntary fight with my MIL. I pissed her off. I had a good reason for my actions. Rather than her ask me WHY I behaved in such a manner, she simply is mad because I acted the way I did. I can't think of anything nice to say to her ill-informed emails, so I am just keeping my mouth shut. My mother always says, "If you can't say anything nice, don't talk." Still, this doesn't stop me from arguing with her in my head. It is very distracting and I wish I would stop it.
- Honey has a job interview tomorrow. And while I want him to have a job, just for his own sake and not any other reason (i.e. financial), this job is Far Away. And...I don't want him working Far Away and stuck in Bad Traffic every day.
- I wanted to make fudge. I haven't gotten around to making fudge.
- Brother is going with my parents to visit relatives for a week rather soon. I am sad he is going. Of course, I am glad he gets to go visit and see snow...but I miss him already. I sleep better at night when my children are all under my roof. What am I going to do when they move out?
- I am feeling motivated to do something about the poundage I am carrying around, but also feel that I can't act on such motivation because I am worried about milk supply issues that may come up. I argue with myself a lot. I want to try because my clothes don't fit and I am miserable and also jiggly. Similarly, if I lost/hurt my supply because I wanted to fit into smaller jeans, I would hate myself.
On a more positive note, I am very excited about Christmas. I want to make graham cracker "gingerbread" houses with the kids this week and also fudge for the neighbors...and I will! Today is my last day of work until the New Year and my folks gave us a big ole pile of money to buy fireworks to welcome in 2011. We are still getting Christmas cards every day and my parents really liked the presents we got for them. Oh! And I got a nice watch and neat wall hangings and the kids got great presents from my parents this past weekend.
Maybe things aren't so blue after all.
5 comments:
This is a dicey time of year. I go back and forth, sometimes WHEEE CHRISTMAS CARDS AND PRETTY LIGHTS AND FUN SHOPPING AND FUN BAKING AND WHEEEEEE and other times OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
Sorry you're feeling down. Looking at our Christmas tree depresses me a little because we can't really afford to do gifts for each other this year and so under the tree we have three little gifts sent from a friend. It almost looks worse than if there were no gifts at all.
Could you talk to your doctor or a lactation consultant about the best way to try to lose weight without affecting your supply? There must be a way for that to be doable. Maybe La Leche League would have some good advice?
You could try WW if you want to lose weight while nursing. I've done it successfully twice. Or, if that's too pricey you can figure out what your WW points would be (google!! Hee!) and add 10 extra points.
That last part of your post sounded suspiciously cheery. ;) Fireworks! FUN!
How fun to ring in the New Year with fireworks!
Any time I've tried exercising or dieting while nursing, my supply has gone way down. I hope you can figure it out.
I'm dying to know what happened between you and your MIL, fyi.
Oh Misty I am just catching up. I am so sorry to hear about your DH and his job. BOOOO. I hope he can find something closer. Hugs to you and Merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment