Thursday, October 28, 2010

Listy

  • I have to get informational brochures translated into Spanish. I am having all kind of troubles from not being able to find the editable files to not hearing back from the volunteer translators. Darn volunteers. You can't really say, "Good GRIEF are you DONE yet? I am working on a deadline here!"
  • This week was spend down week. I hate spend down. It is HARD to have to spend a specific amount of money on worthwhile projects in a verysmall period of time.
  • We have ants in our kitchen. I don't know what to do about this. One day they just, showed up. And we got little unattractive black plastic things from the Wall Marts that was supposed to dispose of the ants. Well, the ants are still here and seem to be telling all their little ant buddies there's a party at Our House. I think they are laughing at our futile attempts to rid our home of their presence.
  • Oh, and these are Southern Fire Ants. Not nice pleasant we-won't-eat-your-babies-in-the-night Black Ants. These ants bite. Hard. GAH.
  • Now I have given the impression that our house is strewn with leftover croutons and poptart crumbs. That there may be cereal hiding under the sofa and between the cushions. That we are a vermin haven type place. That I don't even own a broom or a mop.
  • I do own a broom and a mop. The rest is true.
  • I think it is unfair that a person (me) who loves Fall so much (me) has to live in a place where Fall never happens (here).
  • My boss raided my office whilst I was out last week looking for snacks. All she found was prunes and Metamucil and Tums from my pregnancy days. Needless to say, she was disappointed at the lack of yummies and let me know. I think it may go on my performance review...
  • New Baby was sicky all week. Now Jelly is sicky, too. They have terrible croupy coughs and low grade temperatures. Thankfully, between the Honey and I, they are able to stay home and rest up. Jelly is home fussing for me to come be with him. And while that is sweet and kind of does make me want to get my keys, I know he would be fussing for Honey if I were home instead. And if Honey and I were both home? He would fuss for Brother. Or Grandma.
  • Honey is sicky too and won't go to the doctor. This = frustrating.
  • Halloween is this weekend! And we haven't carved our pumpkins yet. Of course, it is still pretty hot here and carving pumpkins too early leads to rot before Halloween...still it is time. We have the boys' costumes done and done. Brother will be a Black Ninja (Ooooo) and Jelly will be a Ninja Turtle (Ahhhh) and New Baby will be Yoda (Squee!).
  • Now I wanted New Baby to be a Pirate Baby for Halloween. Because he does this thing where he just peeks out of one eye at me and I say, "Arrgh! I'm One-Eyed (Insert New Baby's Real Name HERE)! The Pirate Baby!" But Honey always wanted a Yoda baby and this is me giving in because he wanted to name the baby Darwin. And I wouldn't let him.
  • He wanted to name Jelly Bean Darwin as well. I didn't let him do it that time either.
  • Amen.

8 comments:

LoriD said...

Good call on Darwin. :-)

I have a Luke Skywalker, a Jessie (from Toy Story) and a cat (a PRETTY cat - ahem). None of the costumes are finished and the school Halloween parade is tomorrow. Guess who will be breaking out the heat 'n' bond tonight?

Jess said...

I went to high school with a guy named Darwin. Everyone thought his name was sooooooo cool. But then again, it was a crunchy alternative school where the students ran around barefoot and called the teachers by their first names.

We haven't carved our pumpkin yet either. Sigh.

Saly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saly said...

I love this post.

We haven't carved our pumpkins yet either. We have 5 and I don't know why we get one for everybody every year when we end up carving the kids' anyway.

Good call on Darwin....good call.

And I promise to give you all the fall info you want when you are ready for it. It's gorgeous here in the fall, but my all time favorite fall place is The White Mountains in NH.

Lucy is finally being Snow White this year after all my years of begging her. The sticker is that I have to let her wear lipstick because Snow White has perfect red lips. Bud is dressing up as Iron Man, and Liv is a witch, though she will tell you she is a bruja, thanks to Dora.

Hey, maybe SHE can do your translation!!

d e v a n said...

Um, yes. AMEN on no Darwin.

Emblita said...

Oh I always miss Halloween... its not really a thing here... :( But I think I will go out today and buy a pumpkin and make a lantern!
Great post! :)

Chantal said...

awesome listing post! you still have a great sense of humour with all that is going on. Good for you! I hope Halloween was fun for you guys!

Heidi said...

I hope you all had a fun Halloween! And I hope everyone is feeling better.
We get the black wood eating ants every year. Hus thinks one day we'll be sitting around and the house will drop two feet in height or it will collapse in on us. I hope you don't get bit.