Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It must be cramped in there...

So, this morning I am putting on my makeup and Jelly Bean is standing on the toilet watching me.

*FLUSH*

JB: Mommy, what's that?
Me: Mascara. It's not for kids.
JB: I'm a kid and Brother's a kid and Daddy's a kid?
Me: Daddy is not a kid, but most of the time, boys don't wear makeup.

*FLUSH*

Me: Jelly, quit flushing the toilet for no reason! It's wasteful. Save some water for the animals and fish who need it. (Thinking of the old Sesame Street cartoon.)
JB: Why?
Me: Because there is only so much water in the world. Save some for the animals.
JB: Animals? Like Giraffes?
Me: Yes! (Thinking: Whee! He GETS IT!)
JB: And crocodiles?
Me: Yes, those too!
JB: There are animals in the toilet?
Me: *Stunned Look* Um, no.
((Launch into diatribe on conservation. Get blank looks from three-year-old.))
...Anyway, just quit flushing the toilet.

((We go to get shoes on.))

Me: Jelly Bean, come here and sit down to put on shoes.
((Jelly Bean proceeds to run 20 feet away from me and sit down.))
Me: No, come HERE. I have your shoes.
JB: *walks over* Why? Because there are animals in the toilet?
Me: Let's go to school.
JB: Why?

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

lol- kids!

Nowheymama said...

From the title, I thought Jelly Bean was going to be talking about your uterus. But, no, of course it's the toilet!

Chantal said...

LOL very cute (for me, not so much for you).