Monday, November 30, 2009

Updated Minutiae

So, our Thanksgiving went well. We actually didn't have our big meal on Thanksgiving day as my mother has decided that she must work! constantly! even on holidays! at her goofy-minimum-wage-job-she-does-for-FUN!

But I'm not bitter.

My grandparents came down from Up North for their annual Thanksgiving trip. They came over to Our House and I made P-Dub's lasagna (which really is the best ever. No, really.) and cheesy spinach bread with strawberry pie for dessert. Ok, so I had a caterer-friend make the bread and the pie. But I ordered and paid for it. So, that counts a little, right?

We had turkey and fixin's on Black Friday and it was delicious. I haven't been doing too well with the old WeightWatchers-Not-A-Diet Diet. I have basically been eating cupcakes and cream cheese brownies (a la Bakerella) like there's no tomorrow or such thing as a size 16... Today I am trying to jump back on the bandwagon. So far, so good. If one of you could just go to my house and finish off that dozen cupcakes so I won't eat them? Much thanks would be expressed.

~~~~~~

And as a side note, I have successfully stolen my neighbor's cat. Now I want to haul her to the vet to give her the Bob Barker treatment so she doesn't have kittens under my porch. Because that would be bad. Her name is Ginny-Cat and she looks like she is wearing Cleopatra eyeliner and purrs like a motor. And she is a bit whiny. But the rabbits like her, so there's that.

~~~~

My husband bought a new TV and it reminded me distinctly of the exchange in this post. But it's really ok. Jelly Bean came up to me while I was getting ready this morning and said, "Mama? You know Star Wars?"
"Yes, dear."
"I wanna watch it Big TV."

And so...it begins. My parents and grandparents were giggling about this purchase because...we don't have cable or satellite or anything. But we have Hulu and Netflix. Ha, Old People! You CAN watch TV other ways! But really? Having a decent sized television makes me feel like we live just a bit more in the 21st century. The old TV is the size of a shoebox.

~~~~

TAP hasn't killed me yet. I have about fortybazillion things I have to do for it before...5 minutes ago. But I am alive. I am trying to keep my give-a-shit factor waaaayyyy down near 'nonexistent'. Belive it or not, it is working.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

Srsly. We watch almost EVERYTHING with Netflix now. What we seem to be missing by not having cable is COMMERCIALS.

Nowheymama said...

Wait--I need to read your archives. I missed the neighbor's cat story.

Chantal said...

Isn't P-Dub the best!!!