Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NewsFlash

Mornings make babies wild. Thought you ought to know.

(Ok, when do I get to stop calling him the baby? He's three for chrissakes. I am starting to annoy myself.)

This morning, Jelly Bean was running around and around Brother, singing loudly, poptart in hand. Naked. He stops and looks at me and says, "Ooo, I like you shirt. Let me wear it." Um, no kid. *I'm* wearing it. I sit down to check the weather on the computer and he holds my arm and whispers a lullaby. Then he notices that my hair is wet and says,

JB: You took a shower, Mama? Your body dirty?
Me: Yes, dear.
JB: Now you clean?
Me: Yes, dear.
JB: I need a bath. My legs dirty and my booboos hurt.

And then he proceeds to nakedly run off and rub a thick layer of bar soap all over his dry body. Which is really hard to get off. Another thing you ought to know.


Questions asked of me:

Do dogs eat peanuts?
Do cats eat grilled cheese?

Boy, do I love that kid. But he is a bit crazy making, yes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! He'll probably *always* be baby to you. :)

d e v a n said...

whoops - that was me.

Nowheymama said...

HA!

Chantal said...

LOL what is it with the second child. My M is the same way in the morning. Getting him dressed and out the door in a decent amount of time is almost impossible.