Monday, November 24, 2008

A Little Bit of Randomness

Things have been crazy at work and still the craziness marches on. However, in the midst of it all, I have decided to take this week off. Mind, we get off Thursday and Friday anyway. But with the long hours I worked last week and carry-over holidays, I should be almost set. I am a little nervous about leaving...there is so much to do on such a tight deadline. But I am going to try to relax and enjoy the time with my family.

We are all home this week and the only things I have to do is help with Thanksgiving, as my mom and I share this onerous task, and work on a group project for the class-that-felt-like-it-would-never-end-but-now-there-is-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel. This is our very last assignment. Phew. Do me a favor and remind me next time I want to continue my education that I am smart enough? I just don't remember grad school being so much work! Ok, scratch that. I do remember it being this much work. But now I am not accustomed to it and it feels so much heavier.

I am actually planning on going grocery shopping this morning. I am not missing too many ingredients, but feel like the perfect time to go Thanksgiving shopping is the Monday morning before. I mean, really? Who else is going to be there? (No one hopefully. And hopefully they will have stocked their shelves on Sunday.) Speaking of shopping, we are starting to think about the holiday season. This year Christmas and Hanukkah are in the same week. I am simultaneously excited and nervous about this prospect. I need Santa Cookies and Latkes all in the same week! We have to light the menorah and do the advent calendar! Donuts! Eggnog! Matzo balls! Ahhhh! (Hmmm, has anyone just noticed that my holiday traditions are all about food? No wonder I have gained 5 pounds.)

I have a book I want to read, but I can't find it. I imagine it is in the bedroom and Honey is still asleep. Drat. I have no idea when he will be up. He was up in the middle of the night with a terrible migraine and I convinced him to take one of the precious, hoarded painkillers that we kept from some dental surgery he had awhile back. I expect him to sleep for a bit. Poor guy.

I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with what is going on with you guys, but I am going to give it a whirl this week. I miss knowing what is up with you, neighbor.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

I hope your shopping went well and you found everything you wanted. I wish I could take a week off. I have a nasty head ache today. I rarely get headaches and I am a real baby when I get one. Can you get over how close the holidays are! Time is moving way too fast for my taste!

Nowheymama said...

Scott is taking Wednesday off, and I'm glad. Especially since we're hosting Thanksgiving.

Saly said...

I am off Wednesday and Friday. I am so excited; I love Thanksgiving.

I was actually getting ready to send you an email because you were MIA.

And completely random side note: I was just telling someone about my friend Misty who was all prepared to pick up her prepared holiday dinner and found the place to be closed. You know, like you were my neighbor or something and not a million miles away.

Heidi said...

Hey, we celebrate Xmas and Hanukka over here too! I let my parents take care of most of the Hanukka gifts, they are divorced so the kids get more! This year I also told my kids they could each pick out 8 presents for each other from the dollar store.
I too love all the food. Gingerbread cookies, latkes....I'm doing WW, I wonder how many points for a latke?