I am just making the assumption that you are slaving away in the kitchen or you have been doing so this morning. All I have left to make is Jen's hummus for a veggie dip and I am done. Honey is going to make his famous Oatmeal Raisin cookies, too. But other than that, we are good to go.
This morning I have:
- Put together the Cornbread Dressing a la my Mother in Law
- Chilled the brine and got the turkey into it, a la Pioneer Woman
- Put together all the ingredients for my yummy homemade rolls.
- Bagged all the items for the Spinach & Artichoke dip
- Baked some yummy Double Chocolate Mint Chip cookies. Oh my YUM.
She says she is jaded about the days of work to lead up to a meal that she just has to clean up after. I can understand that after doing it for 25+ years. But I am still fresh in my thanksgiving-ness. I am still pleased to make delicious and special treats to share with folks. So, I am really looking forward to tomorrow, even with its tidal wave of things that have to be done. I hope you are too.
Happy Turkey Day!
6 comments:
I made the chocolate-crusted pumpkin cheesecake, and tomorrow morning I'll make the cranberry-raspberry jello. My parents are making everything else, which makes me feel...lazy, and grateful.
um, I took the turkey out of the freezer and made a list for the grocery store. I think I may be a little behind...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope you have a good one :)
I love making Thanksgivingy food- we're going to have a little Turkey day next weekend just for fun.
Yummy.... turkey... mashed potatos... mashed sweetpotatos with roasted garlic and onion (drool) and gravy all over! MMmmmmmmm
Only regular cooking around my house. But I will be hosting Christmas dinner this year. Turkey at my house WOO HOO. My mother in law quit hosting Christmas a few years ago. She said it was too much. I found that strange but I guess it can be a daunting task if you have been doing it forever...
I see you found the cutest blog! I love their templates! And it does help how simple they are to use!
I did not cook for Thanksgiving. My parents and our family friends did all the work. I am spoiled. And demanding, because instead of reveling in how easy I have it, I dream of the day when we host Thanksgiving ourselves.
Post a Comment