*POOF*
Dude, I have been so freaking busy at work, I can't even scratch. But I am here because the lovely Emblita has tagged me for a meme and I lurrrve being tagged for memes because that means people like me and I so like to be liked. So, here is the randomest random things I can possibly think of:
- There is an egret, which is a southern type of crane, that lives in and about our neighborhood. Every time I see him, I feel a little sad and plenty guilty. We are a new development. My home used to be his home.
- Occasionally, while driving, I find myself in a position where I *have* to flip off another driver. While I get caught up in the emotion at the time, I immediately regret my inconsiderate behavior to a complete stranger, even if they bloody well deserve it. I agonize over it for hours and sometimes days. I feel like it causes a little bit of my soul to evaporate.
- A colleague treated me to lunch yesterday and it was seriously the very best meal I have had in a very very long time. It was a vegetable sandwich with crimini mushrooms, avocado, sprouts and other veggies on a 6 grain bread served panini style. Oh my YUM. I had dreams about it.
- Jelly Bean woke up in the middle of the night last night and I was up anyway with "irrational worry" syndrome. So, I took him and rocked him for a while and then laid down with him in my bed for a bit before putting him back in his own crib. I never get to hold him like that anymore, since he is so busy during his waking hours. It felt like such a blessing to be able to hold my baby and look into his shadowed dark eyes.
- There is a kid screaming in my office right this second. WTF? There are no children here...
- Brother and I read the first three chapters of Matilda last night and he was so tickled and loved it so much. This gives me unspeakable joy that he is *finally* at the point where we can read chapter books together and he LOVES it. I am thanking my lucky stars for this one. It feels like a exquisitely chosen gift tailored just for me.
5 comments:
I love your new template!!
I can't wait to read chapter books either.
Pretty!
I love reading chapter books with K.
I'm more of a honker than a flipper offer. To each his own!
LOVE your new template. Missed you.
Your new template is lovely!
Matilda! I'm going to pick that one up at the library. I love that book. We have really enjoyed reading the Roald Dahl books together. Also, Charlotte's Web held the interest of all the kids.
I also LOVE your new template. Is it from blogger or is it custom?
Congrats on the election! WHOO HOO. I will have to look into Matilda. A few weeks ago I convinced my D to let me read him a "Magic Treehouse" book and he loved it. I will probably write a post about it cause I too have been busy and my mind is blank as far as posts go! Take Care
Post a Comment