- Remember the Damn Dress? Well, it is destined to be returned and holiday gifts bought in its stead. And I did, after much much much ado and trying on of clothing and messing up of hair, buy this dress for said social occasion. It is purple and purple is not my color, really. I feel akin to Barney or one of those Fruit of the Loom guys in a grape costume.
- Thus, my Honey and I decided that we didn't really want to go after all. Actually, I feel so much relief that I am almost as glad about NOT going as I was about going in the first place. Yes, I am a fickle girl.
- So I have decided that I will buy new bras with the money I was going to spend on the dress. I am still wearing nursing bras non-stop and they do nothing for my figure or my self esteem.
- I have officially purged my blog of my kids' names and Honey's name as well. This makes me feel better. While some of you might know their names already because I used to post them, hopefully none of you are child molesters, stalkers, or serial killers.
- My job makes me so paranoid. Of child molesters, stalkers, and serial killers.
- Per Tessie's recommendation, I used this dough as a base for chocolate chip cookies. (Meaning that I just made up the dough as directed and added a bag of chips.) They are pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Which I think I can. Since it is not really my recipe. Heh.
- I need to go count things for inventory. I hate counting things, because I always second guess myself and count them like 3 times to make sure I come out with the same number. This leads me to the conclusion that I simply do not believe in my abilities to count to a certain undetermined number or I actually can't count. I hate math.
- I am having a hard time feeling holiday-ish. Something keeps sucking my money away...I think it is diapers, food, and gasoline. Plus the weather is really unbearably warm. For December. It is December, right? I want to go shopping and buy stuff for me. Retail therapy.
- Everyone is having babies. *Channeling Veruca Salt* And I want a baby nowwwww. Devan is having a baby. SaLy is having a baby. My sister-in-law just had her first this past weekend. And it was a girl. I want a girl baby....maybe. If I can just forget my pre-teen/teen self, THEN I want a girl baby. I want to buy hair bows and pretty pink things. *Sigh*
- But I have a little guy at home. And while I might long for little snuggle bug bitsy babies, I have two boys at home at ages that I will feel nostalgic for in the near future. I keep telling myself, "Don't wish your life away." I will try hard to listen.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Damn Dress and other Minutiae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Misty, I'm sorry the dress didn't work out. I loved the colour, but if it isn't you, then you won't feel comfortable wearing it. So good decision :)
I've often wished for a baby girl, too, but I've now resigned myself to the house of testosterone. I keep thinking I'll thank myself when my friends' girls hit puberty!
Have a good day! Heidi
Aww, sorry about the dress.
As for all of the baby-ness going on....sending vibes your way. It will happen when it's meant to.
I think my holiday project may be to "anonymize" my blog. I usually have the attitude of 'what are the chances?' but since it's a secret blog (from my husband and family), it probably just makes sense anyway.
I'm going to go new-bra shopping too. I'm down to 2 right now that don't have the wire thingies poking out, and they're both sports bras!
Sorry about not going to the party after all! As for the babyness, it's hard to want and wait. But we all know that there are major parts of pgncy and babyhood that are not all they're cracked up to be. ;)
Go you on the new bras. I don't know if I own more than one NON nursing bra anymore...
Excellent idea on the cookies, I hadn't thought of that! So far I have made them:
1)Plain
2)With mini-snickers
3)With Rolos
Next up...Twix!
Post a Comment