Today, I love my CSA membership. Brother and I went to go pick it up yesterday and, frankly, next time we are bringing a laundry basket because the large grocery tote we were given just wasn't cutting it. We walked out with the full bag and both of our arms overflowing with chard, onions, and broccoli. Now, they gave me a lot of stuff I have never prepared before. Artichokes, beets. But I think it is going to be so fun to learn to cook all these new and different vegetables. Really challenging and adventurous. I know, I am making it sound like an athletic event instead of dinner. Really it is going to be the Summer Challenge to Make Sure My Fridge is Not An Experiment in Rotting Produce.
~~~
Today, I can't wait to go home. It is overcast and breezy, which makes it pleasant to be outside. I have a hedge on the side of my house that I cut back practically down to the ground because it was really leggy and sparse in hopes of forcing it to fill out. Now the new growth is to a point where I want to cut back the growing tips so it will bush out. I am hoping to do that. I am also hoping Honey will cut this 12 ft board we have in half. I am going to paint it white and make nice long shelves in my laundry room.
~~~
Today a friend of mine posted about a dog someone was wanting to find a new home. I am cautiously asking questions and am liking the answers. Housebroken, good with kids, crate trained. She sounds dreamy. She's a pug and lives with little kids. I've always wanted a smaller dog. I am pretty scared though. A dog is like a kid and requires a lot of attention and care. Brother is getting to be old enough to help out...maybe even Jelly Bean too. I wonder if Jelly is mature enough though. He is really energetic. Ok, he's wild. Honey is working and so I can't call him and ask him what he thinks, but it wouldn't hurt to meet the dog, right? I feel bad because I don't want to get the owner's hopes up if I back out. But I would like to consider it. I think SaLy is starting a trend.
~~~
Today is Friday! Happy Weekend, everyone. I hope the breeze is breezy and the sun is shiny in your neck of the woods.
1 comment:
Ooh, more dog stories! YAY!
You must share all the new things you try with your csa!
Post a Comment